Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A New Bonus

I cleared the last of the bonus, and my bankroll stood slightly higher than before, at about $140.

As of a few days ago, there is a new pokerstars bonus. Its 20% of your deposit, and you get $1 cleared per 20 VPP earned. Interestingly enough, there are only 20 days to clear it. That's pretty challenging at the micros. On the other hand, it releases incrementally every $10. Incremental release is a big positive for us micros... its just too bad it won't matter with only 20 days to complete it!

As a result, I just deposited $75.00 for a total bonus of $15. After 200 VPP, the first $10 of the deposit will clear - I believe this is achievable for me in 20 days. The extra $5 is in case I go crazy and finish the first $10 early, there is something more to achieve.

I will, of course, withdraw this money at the first opportunity to keep my bankroll "untainted". :-)

Of course, I'm playing deepstacked NL5 tonight($12.50 BI) and I end up down $10 because my KK runs into AA all-in and loses. So bankroll is now down to $122

On another note, a friend suggested contributing to my poker cause. I thought about it a little bit, but I don't want the bankroll "tainted" like I said. Perhaps I would save them up and use the money for special events - like a pokerstars "$225 Sunday Millions" or something. I'm mulling the idea of donations. As I don't provide many great ideas to those who read this (is there anyone who reads this but me?), and as I don't know if I can make something great out of this, I would call it "The Pity Fund".

If you pity me, please donate to the pity fund, and I will use it to enter a large tournament. :-) I will keep all winnings (should it come to that)... but I may feel guilty at the end of it all and donate some to charity or something. This is the happy ending. More likely, the ending will be that I lose the buy-in and move on.

In other related news, I'm reading Harrington on Cash for the first time - borrowed from a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment