Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How the NL2 plan is going

BR = -$330

So far, the NL2 plan is working out well. I can usually eke out 50 bb's
in about 100 hands. If I include all of the hands in my HEM, my NL2 win
rate is 30bb/100 hands for a sample of nearly 6000 hands.

I feel that winning at NL2 is not a challenge. I feel I'm at sufficient
skill at NL2 that I'm simply crushing most of my opponents. I'm actually
looking forward to giving NL5 (non-Rush) a try.

The only times that something bad happens is 1) when I get accustomed to
playing loose/bad opponents, and fail to give new opponents appropriate
credit/benefit of the doubt when I first see them and, 2) when I'm playing
deep stacked again super loose and aggressive opponents. They seem to
want to go in every other hand. Inevitably, the hand I pick to take to
battle loses to the one time they actually DO have a set, flush, or FH,
etc. either that or they draw out on me with 2 outs.

So, to mitigate, I think I'll keep things to normal 100bb BI's for now,
and try not to get involved in the deep stacked games. I think I can
probably beat a deep stacked game quite easily, but the my FT BR can't
take the variance right now. As for the other problem, I'll try to
tighten up against new opponents until my HUD registers at least 20 or so
hands.

Anyways, I only have a couple of dollars of bonus to clear before I get
$20 released, and the approx $10 in rakeback should be paid this Friday,
so my BR should be in fine fighting shape for the future soon. I just
have to play in a more disciplined fashion. And the first step towards
that discipline is resisting the urge to clear off that remaining bonus
release by playing higher stakes - the universal mistake I have repeatedly
made in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment