Monday, November 15, 2010

Ballooning my Bankroll

I didn't want to do it, but I had to. I've had a difficult month. I seem
to go into a pattern of having multiple good sessions with modest gains,
but then I get hit with a single session with massive losses.

I rebought into Stars for an extra $90, and this subsequently dwindled
down to about $50. My Full Tilt balance has been obliterated - down from
$6'ish to zero.

At PokerStars, I was also going to convert my Frequent Player Points (FPP)
into cash, a conversion which requires 2500 points, and nets $25, for a
conversion rate of $0.01 per FPP. However, I was two hundred points
short.

Instead, I picked up a technique from the www.twoplustwo.com forums: Play
6-man hyper-turbo Sit and Go's which cost 280 FPP. Out of the 6
positions, the first 2 players get a buy-in to a weekly quarter million
dollar tournament, and third place gets their FPP back. You get nothing
for placing 4th through 6th. If you win a tournmanent entry, you can then
unregister for the tournament, and you will get $11.00 worth of tournament
dollars in your account.

Since 6 players contribute 1680 FPP minus one player who gets his 280 FPP
back, that means there are 1400 FPP for prizes totally $22.00. That pegs
the FPP value at 0.0157 if you do "average" over the long run at these Sit
and Go's.

I had enough FPP to join 8 of these. I did amazingly well. I placed 3rd
in one of them, regaining my FPP, which I reinvested in a 9th SnG. Of the
rest, I lost only 2, winning 1st place in 6 of them. That netted me
$66.00 in tournament dollars. That's roughly $0.03 per FPP, so I
essentially TRIPLED what I would have gotten with a cash bonus!

It was good fun to play Sit and Go's again. The winnings are tournament
dollars, which means they are only available to pay for subsequent Sit and
Go and Tournament entries. I don't mind, as I am a winning player at Sit
and Go's. In fact, going back to SnG's is probably good therapy after
getting trounced at 6-max cash games for the past year. As well, the
lessons I've learned from 6-max should enable me to play a little looser
in the early going with confidence. In fact, if I play well enough, I may
stick with Sit and Go's to rebuild my bankroll, as I'm confident that I
can do it.

As for my Full Tilt bankroll, it looks like I will have to do something
similar. I have 4000+ player points. Time to look into what I can do
with those to rebuild there (although using them will impact subsequent
rakeback). Or I could possibly wait for a reload bonus while I work on
Pokerstars.

Current FT Balance : $0.00
Current PS Balance : $107.93
Current Owing: $700.00
Current Bankroll: -$592.07

No comments:

Post a Comment