Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Grinding DoNs

With $66 tournament dollars, I decided to shift away from 6-max cash games
until those tournament dollars were played through. So far, I have played
through all of the tournament money except for $4.10.

I decided to play $1.00+$0.10 double or nothing sit and go's (DoNs).
Essentially, these 10-man tournaments pay you "double" if you're in the
top 5. They are very low-variance, and at this buy-in level, kind of easy
to play. The biggest downside is that they are a bit boring, as the
proper strategy is to play massively tight -> fold fold fold. On a
positive note, I can comfortably 4-table these, so I can play through a
lot without going over bankroll.

Thus far, the DoN's have been going well. 55 DoN's later and I'm up
significantly relative to my last post. $17.49 may not seem like a lot,
but in terms of percentage, I've increased my Stars account balance by
16%! This is mostly, but not all, due to playing DoNs. I also played one
$1.4 knockout Sit and Go, placing 1st, and knocking out 7 players (worth
$4.5 winnings + $1.75 in bounties). Where I wasn't sure I'd be able to
sit uninterrupted for an hour, I dabbled in some cash games - both No
Limit (0.01/0.02 blinds), and Fixed Limit at $0.02/$0.04. Fixed Limit is
new to me, but I did extremely well over a small sample of hands (up $2
over perhaps 500 hands). I might consider playing more Fixed Limit as a
result.

My Full Tilt balance was refreshed with $0.23 worth of rakeback. Its not
enough to play at any tables, so I'll wait for a bonus offer before
considering a rebuy there.

My Pokerstars balance of $125.42 is now large enough that I can keep with
my original plan and cashout some of this bankroll and start paying myself
back. I'll start with a $50 withdrawal, then wait until my bankroll hits
$200 before cashing out again.


Current FT Balance : $0.23
Current PS Balance : $125.42
Current Owing: $700.00
Current Bankroll: -$574.35

No comments:

Post a Comment