Saturday, December 5, 2009

7785 players. Its a Pokerstars depositor freeroll.

After 4 gruelling hours, there are 145 people left, and I'm 36th in terms of chips.

Unfortunately, its now 2:50 am. I have to wake up at 7:00 am for work.... And I've got 2 short stacks at the table who insist on using up all available time on every hand to drag it out, just so that they have a chance to gain a meagre amount of cash (from $4 to $5). When they play a hand together, the agony is unbearable watching a full 4 betting rounds of double-delaying.

I'm nodding off… and unfortunately, the thought that it’s a freeroll and I'm currently sitting on a prize of $4 grabs hold. Should I actually make it to 36th, it'll only be worth $8. Final table? Okay… anywhere from $30 to $200; but how long is it going to take to get there? I've got $165,000 in chips, and my M (or CSI) is 20. I'm double the size of the average stack.

Basically, I started shove-tilting just to go to bed and eventually lost the stack (placing something like 125 - I don't even remember).

GG.

If I wanted to "optimize" my decision to go to sleep, I should have just sat out at that point and left it. But the all-in every hand sure was fun.

No matter what, I will make the finals, worth 10 times as much. I've actually qualified for it twice now! I'll be more serious about stick around if I make it that far then, even if I have to pull an all-nighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment