Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Story So Far




This graph fairly represents the Bankroll since I started playing with a $50 deposit to Pokerstars at the end of June 2009. Its been a VERY rocky 5 month journey!


As you can see, the first month was fairly rough. I was playing $1+$0.10 Double or Nothing sit and go tournaments to build my bankroll. I was quite successful at these Double or Nothing's, but unfortunately, I was also spending time playing cash games at NL2 (blinds are $0.01 and $0.02). I was losing more at cash than I was making in the DoN's - hence the tragic plummet, which had me at a low point of $14.50 in late July. At this point, I realized that playing even the lowest stakes with real money was vastly different than playing for play money, and I pledged to improve and become a winning player.


August was a month where I ran well, and stuck to what I was good at, and essentially rebuilt the shattered bankroll. I avoided cash games altogether. The huge spike at the beginning of October was due to my $50 first deposit bonus clearing.


The massive crash in November can pretty much be accounted for by my decision to run at higher stakes. Almost as soon as that decision was made, I did poorly at the new stakes. Once I saw the freefall, I moved back down in stakes, but then I started running very poorly, and just couldn't seem to win any key showdowns.


Luckily, things seemed to stabilize at the end of November, and I've been running very well, recouping a lot of lost ground in a very short time. This has been very encouraging and has given me a lot of hope for my future with this game

No comments:

Post a Comment